Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Family Veterans 11.11.14



Serving in the military...it was more of an expectation in my parent's youth. 

For my father, it was a childhood dream to go to West Point which he was able to fulfill. He then served our country both at war (Korean & Vietnam) and in peace. But it wasn't just my dad -- my mom was also in the Army (as was her father and brother...for the group picture, it looks like my grandmother put on her Red Cross 'gray lady' uniform so she wasn't left out!). 

Service is definitely part of my legacy - though various branches of the military were not my choice of service. Nonetheless, pride for my family veterans (and all who served) is always a focal point of Armistice Day, and so marked this Nov 11th 2014.
Naples, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment