Friday, May 13, 2011

05.13.11


05.13.11, originally uploaded by colemama.

The white bird of paradise shadows its colorful cousin, but its 'simplicity' offers plenty of fascinating complexity! I love that simple/complex dichotomy as it never seems to be so 'black and white' like other dualities. Instead, each end of the continuum seems to need each other to exist and their mutual relationship is more circular and interdependent than oppositional. Simple seemingly yields to complex and the opposite appears true, as well.

“Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Horseshoe Dr N, Naples, FL

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a white one before - easier to concentrate on the shape and details than it is with its flamboyant cousin. I'm seeing things I never saw in a bird of paradise before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen ANY bird of paradise! How very unusual and stunning!

    ReplyDelete