Wednesday, June 16, 2010

06.16.10


06.16.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

On a bright, sunny day with 'feels like temperatures' up to 110 degrees, pink houses with round windows seem like a mirage...but this unique structure is actually home to one of my neighbors. Obviously not a 'cookie-cutter' community, but this one really does stand out. Although I would not choose something so bold for my own, it does evoke a feeling of happiness and whimsy - it also reminds me of one of those hamster houses and I can imagine all sorts of mazes and color within.

I admire those with such extroversion - so opposite from my own disposition. The risk taken often brings great rewards. My comfort level rarely stretches beyond a calculated risk, but it has definitely grown over the last decade. Pink house? Not that far...at least not yet! :) Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - makes a great shot - but I wouldn't want to bring so much attention to myself living there. But I push myself out of my comfort zone as much as I can (small steps) and it usually brings rewards.

    ReplyDelete