Friday, June 4, 2010

06.04.10


06.04.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

Though I snapped this magnificent sky at the beginning of the day, I write this description at the end of the day after a culminating ceremony of eager graduates celebrating their accomplishments. I share congratulatory wishes to all.

I also reflect on my dislike for graduation events - they've never been high on my priority list...especially my own. The pomp and circumstance seem lacking in substance and big on rhetoric. I prefer to treasure the moments, the days, the process leading up to the end-result, rather than focus on the product. Seems too little attention is on the journey...Daily sunrises are a good reminder to take and appreciate one day at a time. Lorenzo Walker campus, Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. So often in life we are so focused on the goal we forget to enjoy the trip. I think this daily looking and taking the time to reflect help to find the pleasure and joy in the journey.

    ReplyDelete