Tuesday, June 15, 2010

06.14.10


06.14.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

Today is Flag Day - June 14th (and also my cousin, Jo Anne's birthday - happy day Sundari!). This is a huge flag at our local Perkins and I'd captured it in my rearview mirror and another angle, but anxiously wanted to shoot this view. Alas, the sun was directly overhead and I thought I would get nothing ... instead, I was pleased to get this lens flare highlighting the flagpole and the extended flag. It reminds me of the Star Spangled Banner's 'rockets' red glare' (though that does take some imagination with the palm frond and the puffy cloud in the sky!!).

I'm a big believer in purposeful activity and goal setting, but accidents do create the most amazing things. They say that many inventions and discoveries were truly accidental - such as microwave ovens and post-it notes, for example. Yet, they wouldn't have been 'accidentally discovered' if there wasn't some effort and experimentation going on. So, action must occur - even if there isn't a designated purpose - to move forward! US 41 E, Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. Serendipity - being there at just the right moment. It is certainly dramatic.

    ReplyDelete