Thursday, October 14, 2010

10.14.10


10.14.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~ Albert Schweitzer

What a difference my PLN colleagues have made in my life for the last few years - the flame of inspiration is offered daily from those worldwide via social networking sites. What a coup! Professional learning networks spiral ideas and creative thoughts into action and provide encouragement for 'marching to one's own drummer.' PLNs are highly recommended to others, but many times the concept doesn't 'stick' - lack of time? lack of initiative? other? There is a demand for both commitment and sharing, but perhaps collective leadership is another expectation...a quality that is not natural for the traditionalist. Naples, FL

2 comments:

  1. I love this shot, as well as the quote. Words I can easily resonate with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely captured. I too need that PLN to keep me thinking and questioning. I work with some wonderful colleagues, but most have not yet caught on to the incredible nourishment one can get from our virtual colleagues. Thanks for being one who inspires.

    ReplyDelete