Saturday, July 21, 2012

07.21.12

07.21.12 by colemama
07.21.12, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Of the many Florida shorebirds, the eastern willets seem to be the most cautious about humans...or maybe it is the camera-stalking variety?! ;) This one was spotted down the shoreline about 50 feet headed in my direction with its beak in and out of the sand nosing around for a morsel. Despite my stillness, it had to be aware of me, but it kept on plugging along...until I raised my lens, albeit slowly. Then I got the brush-off! :) But that's ok!

One can appreciate the wariness when knowing more about the history and past experiences of the general type and/or individual - making time to research, understand, and appreciate others leads to better interactions....something upon which to build. 4th Ave N & Gulf of Mexico, Naples, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment