Sunday, July 1, 2012

06.11.12

06.11.12 by colemama
06.11.12, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Our local Philharmonic Center for the Arts includes an educational program called Critic's Choice led by Elaine Newton, Professor Emeritus of Humanities, York University, Toronto. Though I have never attended to hear her commentary about selected contemporary fiction, I enjoy checking out the reading list. The cover of this one caught my eye, but the writing is lovely, indeed.

Sold as three separate novellas, the setting of rural India alone connects the trio. The depth, however, goes well beyond geography in exploring various values and themes...one of which deals with perceptions of art, beauty, and the collision of 'reality'. Seeing photography as an art pushes my thinking...and my wondering about the 'disappearance'. Overall, a wonderful investment of time. Naples, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment