Sunday, March 21, 2010

03.20.10


03.20.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

Of all the photos shot today in the quest for 'water', I'm not sure why I keep coming back to this one and designating it for my 365. The refection focal point is a highlight, but I think it is the framing with both shape and color providing a natural border that makes it interesting. Additionally, I look at this photo and know what it represents, but I wonder, because of its abstract nature, if it has meaning for others.

As me move further into the age of creativity and innovation, I think about the ramifications for society. There is ample personal satisfaction for an individual's creation. As evidenced in the comments of online communities, feedback can be rewarding and serve as a platform for continued individual growth. How does that translate beyond the individual to groups and society? The infrastructure promotes self-expression and connection...but are there aspects that truly emphasize worldly citizenship? Are there action avenues for change? Or does it matter? Freedom Park, Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. For me, the representation is the reflection ..... but I do not know where the reflection begins and where it ends. It's ongoing, it's inherent in its own self. I need to look deeply to see where the reflection line is really drawn. Powerful!

    ReplyDelete