Thursday, March 4, 2010

03.02.10


03.02.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

We are on our third month of unseasonably cool (dare I say cold) temperatures, windy conditions, and generally non-tropical weather. Some trees are leaf-less, grass does not display its usual deep green, and seasonal annuals are missing from many landscaped yards. Thus, the arrival of pink tabebuia blooms - saturated in color and clustered in density - are a welcome sight!

Some of my northern friends will likely scoff at my 'whining'...their colors won't arrive for another month or so. But then the expectation for warm weather and growth is not expected up north for a month or so. Expectations play a vital role in our reactions to the environment. If we are expecting 'normal' balmy weather and it doesn't arrive, our perceptions and possibly attitudes are changed. Perhaps we raise the stakes a bit by having 'high expectations' but there is certainly more energy and enthusiasm in that approach than having low expectations or none at all - seems applicable to various levels of human relationships, as well. 10th St and 2nd Ave N, Naples, FL

2 comments:

  1. While you are unseasonably cool, we are unseasonably warm with above freezing temperatures every day. I'm not whining :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comment about expectations shaping our reactions. Sometimes I wish I had no expectations at all - then I'd go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete