Wednesday, February 10, 2010

02.10.10


02.10.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

One of the many stacks of books to be read - it is so much harder to 'catch up' when new publications cross your desk every day! This stack includes young adult selections, current best sellers, and disproportionately just one nonfiction (there are more in another stack!). Some of the selected books are the works of favorite authors, while others are new. They deal with an array of plots and characters and reflect various periods of history and culture.

Though it may take me awhile to get through this stack, I'll do it in days with fewer priorities and in different formats (currently listening to The Help on my iPod). Fortunately, my other priorities this month are very exciting as I collaborate with teachers (and fellow Flickr members) in Australia and Finland for a weekly photo/writing cultural project (Through Global Lenses) with our students and as I virtually participate in The Flat Classroom Workshop in Mumbai, India, February 25-27th with students and teachers from all over the world. So, though I will enjoy reading this stack, the opportunity to take learning to a different level of interaction, creation, and connection is calling! Lorenzo Walker campus, Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. Yes - the book stacks. I don't think I'll ever get through mine. But when you're finished the Barbara Kingsolver book, I'd love to read it :-)

    ReplyDelete