Sunday, February 20, 2011

02.20.11


02.20.11, originally uploaded by colemama.

Headed to Tampa to visit with family, including my niece at the Univ of Tampa and excited about the opportunity to photograph the campus. The unique campus, with Plant Hall and its many minarets, is one of my alma maters. Wouldn't you know my battery died and I had only my cell phone to capture some of the visit....bummer. It definitely means a return trip is in the future, as I marveled not only at the new construction, but the maintenance of the old...and the many memories it provided.

Whether consciously or not, we create memories every moment...though some may seem quite ordinary in day-to-day life, we may re-visit them as quite extraordinary in another time and place. Cognitive psychology and the study of memory incorporates the function of both mind and body - using senses as well as synapses. It is fascinating to consider the interaction of encoding, storage and retrieval of experiences. Photography plays nicely with the science, as well. Fletcher Lounge, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your photos and thoughts. Maybe only an iPhone picture - but I like the composition. And it highlights that glorious blue sky.

    ReplyDelete