Monday, August 2, 2010

08.02.10


08.02.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

This is a BIG staghorn fern! I can't even imagine how much it weighs. Once they get established in an appropriate living environment, these plants do amazingly well (as this photo attests!) with very little help from human green thumbs.

There is a social component to learning, but one of my primary goals as an educator is to help students re-create their own inherent curiosity for learning...and, to do so naturally, without outside urgings! Making that 'magic' happen is like finding the flourishing environment for this staghorn fern - but once it happens, true learning increases exponentially! 3rd Ave N & 3rd St, Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. Fun to look at this after my Arctic adventure. I'm still on the road, so I apologize for my lack of comments. I so enjoy your photos, so I'll be catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete