Sunday, January 1, 2012

01.01.12

01.01.12 by colemama
01.01.12, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

As a regular 'early bird', I often get to 'break dawn' on the way to work, but it is extra special to linger with the lazy wakening of the day as it happens over Naples Bay. Despite the late festivities last night, there were a few boaters headed out to the Gulf and an assortment of birds pondering breakfast...but, generally, it was a relatively quiet start to the first day of the new year.

I suppose there may be a time when I tire of the solitude of nature's morning...but, I sincerely hope not! It is a few moments like no other - difficult to replicate, hard to imagine, and seemingly unique in its daily routine. Too often, we take each day (and its beginning) for granted...but we can shift that perspective! Here's to the new dawn! City Dock at Naples Bay, Naples, FL

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful soft colours. I think photography helps us focus on moments and notice. It does for me - makes me finds the unique in the ordinary. Thanks for sharing your moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm not a morning person at all, and as such I usually break DOWN on the way to work and cry. So I never get to see stuff like this unless it's a sunset.

    ReplyDelete