Friday, November 4, 2011

11.04.11

11.04.11 by colemama
11.04.11, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Took only one photograph today - one that I had to drive around the block to go back to as I was drawn to it for some reason. This pineapple is one of a pair that frames a home's entry way - a sign of welcome and warm hospitality.

The connection to this pineapple shot became evident when I read of the death of Max Rieves. Max hired me almost twenty five years ago, having much more confidence in me than I did in myself. He was a big teddy bear who cared deeply about the students at the college that he helped develop. My work with him was rather short-lived as he retired shortly thereafter, but I will never forget his smile and true hospitality. It's both special and rather magical how this pineapple connection was made today - worth treasuring the intuitive senses....Thanks, Max! Naples, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment