Sunday, July 31, 2011

07.31.11

07.31.11 by colemama
07.31.11, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Various stages of the sea grape tree provide an interesting ceiling for the distant Gulf background...with some imagination, one could imagine big-headed branch people with knobby legs walking down the beach - ok, work with me!! :)

The Reform Symposium online conference and Matt Damon's speech (see part of it below and link for more) at yesterday's Save Our School's March in Washingon, D.C. yesterday are putting the issues that drive my passions back on the front burner with glimmers of hope. It is time to turn those 'imaginative' thoughts into reality! 4th Ave N & Gulf of Mexico, Naples, FL

I don’t know where I would be today if my teachers’ job security was based on how I performed on some standardized test. If their very survival as teachers was based on whether I actually fell in love with the process of learning but rather if I could fill in the right bubble on a test. If they had to spend most of their time desperately drilling us and less time encouraging creativity and original ideas; less time knowing who we were, seeing our strengths and helping us realize our talents.
~ Matt Damon, Save Our Schools March, Washington, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment