Wednesday, September 22, 2010

09.22.10


09.22.10, originally uploaded by colemama.

Messy, chaotic, tangled and without organization ... this is the usual state of my ear buds when they are not in use. Though I much prefer them in a nice, wrapped circle, they appear to have 'mind of their own'! I've given up on trying to control them as long as they are cooperative when being used (which is also sometimes questionable!). ;)

My natural learning preference is much more sequential than unordered, more linear than hyperlinked...and yet, I understand and embrace the nonlinear and seemingly disconnected pathways to learning, the preferred style of many high school-aged students. In fact, I've even learned to applaud this 'chaos' in the classroom and in my own studies. Taking the time to see anothers' perspective can lead to a tangled mess - but one that offers even more opportunities! Naples, FL

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your ordered, linear preference for learning. I prefer the same. And yet the sight of these ear buds are NOT unfamiliar to me. Keeping organized used to be SO much easier. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't always find it easy to bring order to my life (or my earbuds). For a long time I have wanted to be able to stop time for everyone but me just so I can catch up on bringing order to the chaos in my office. I guess I'll have to schedule time in for it (but seeing what my virtual friends are doing is so much more interesting).

    ReplyDelete