Monday, May 18, 2009

MAY182009


MAY182009, originally uploaded by colemama.

Please indulge me in one more 'truism' from Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain...In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go. The driver who cannot tear his eyes away from the wall as he spins out of control will meet that wall; the driver who looks down the track as he feels his tires break free will regain control of his vehicle.

I actually enjoy days like this with stormy clouds brewing overhead, white caps stirring up the calm Gulf, and even the torrential rains that make the roads impassable. But I appreciate it for the variety as much as anything else - I still value my sunshine and blue skies! I 'weather the storm' (pardon the pun) by keeping my eye on the prize! Despite the cliches, it is easy to lose sight of our goals and difficult to 'look down the track'. Setting aside checkpoints for reassessment can be helpful, as can conversation with others ... even if (or better if) they are dogs! :) BTW, in case you didn't pick up my 'subtle' recommendation for a good read, try The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein! 4th Ave N & Gulf of Mexico, Naples, FL

1 comment: