Tuesday, April 3, 2012

04.03.12

04.03.12 by colemama
04.03.12, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

The bee party at the pink water lily, third one on the left from the papyrus plants in the Water Garden (where else?). Obviously, I wasn't invited, but 'crashed' the gathering with my camera.

Being off this week and devoid of most all things school-related, I forgot that it was April (yes, I knew it on one level, but...) and thus, Poetry month. I'm hoping to find a matching poem/image each day (though not necessarily my daily image capture), but because I'm late (ahem) to the party, I've taken the liberty to use two others from today's shoots to make up for #1 and #2. Naples Botanical Garden, Naples, FL

#3
Introduction to Poetry
by Billy Collins

I ask them to take a poem
and hold it up to the light
like a color slide

or press an ear against its hive.

I say drop a mouse into a poem
and watch him probe his way out,

or walk inside the poem's room
and feel the walls for a light switch.

I want them to waterski
across the surface of a poem
waving at the author's name on the shore.

But all they want to do
is tie the poem to a chair with rope
and torture a confession out of it.

They begin beating it with a hose
to find out what it really means.

I love Billy Collins and tweeted this out a few weeks ago - poems and animations (Watch it!)

1 comment:

  1. Saw this clip a couple of weeks ago - it really is great.

    ReplyDelete