Saturday, September 3, 2011

09.03.11

09.03.11 by colemama
09.03.11, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Looks like our wonderful little French restaurant, Bleu Provence, has expanded and offers a 'Cellar' next door now...will have to investigate soon! Our town, like so many, has been invaded by larger business chains - to include: restaurants, book stores, clothing shops, and grocery stores. Though I certainly spend my share of dollars there, I often prefer the smaller, 'home-grown' establishments. They do have a difficult time competing in price, but the quality of merchandise and customer service often far outweigh the extra cost. I know the entrepreneurial spirit is tough, but I am pleasantly surprised to see the growth of small business in these poor economic times. Congratulations, Cariots!

1 comment:

  1. Funny juxtaposition of French and English. But I quite agree - the small restaurants / stores are much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete