Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12.31.13

12.31.13 by colemama
12.31.13, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

At first glance, this looks like a sweet capture of a sea gull and a sea horse along the shoreline - possibly almost maternal. However, the video belies that thought, demonstrating the focus on 'survival of the fittest'. Like the year 2013, this scene ended on a different note than when it began...and cycles transparently into the next year.

Ending my sixth year of 365 photos...and not sure that I will continue in the same vein, as time priorities seems to be taking me on a different route (did not finish off particularly well this year either - my apologies to Flickr buddies for lack of commenting, too!). As well, neither my photos nor my writings have grown over the last couple of years and thus, meaning has been lost. My photography efforts will not be abandoned entirely, of course, but I will seek a different, as yet undetermined, path. Who knows - maybe with the 'pressure' off, I will post more frequently and photograph with more technique and diversity!?! ;)

Stay safe on New Year's Eve - celebrate judiciously in welcoming the new year! Cheers to 2014!

Central Ave & Gulf of Mexico, Naples, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment