Friday, April 19, 2013

04.19.13

04.19.13 by colemama
04.19.13, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

A blush in pink - there's some relief tonight as I post this shot with the apprehension of the second suspect in the Boston area terrorism. Yet, there remains the loss...not just in the loss and injuries of the victims, but also the 'innocence' of life, in general. How is it that a 19-year old with so much life to live becomes a detonator of violence and hatred? Despite my years, I remember being that age and I can't fathom the psychological state that the perpetrator must have been in to do such harm to others. It is hard for me to have hatred ...and real answers are likely elusive, but still....

So, the pink becomes a symbol of not only relief, but also compassion for the victims and those who were able to problem-solve the surrounding issues. Somehow, though the real issues have yet to be resolved... Naples, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment