Sunday, January 20, 2013

01.20.13

01.20.13 by colemama
01.20.13, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Caught in mid-feed, this ibis shows his pink and white reflection in the shallow water under a partly cloudy sky. The shore birds are fun to watch as they pace the sandy and rocky terrain looking for little morsels. I can only wonder how most humans would survive if they couldn't conveniently go to the grocery store at a whim for their over-processed foods - I know I would be challenged and I've done my own gardening, canning, curing, and even yogurt-making! ;) Not that we need to all go 'back to the earth' ourselves, but like the use of the calculator overtaking the thinking skills, I wonder if we can't have a better understanding of what others (and nature) do. Viera, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment