Wednesday, February 29, 2012

02.29.12

02.29.12 by colemama
02.29.12, a photo by colemama on Flickr.

Went to the beach to get a 'leap' shot, but my anticipated models weren't cooperating. I was hoping for a 'leaping lizard' or even a lazy pelican 'leap' from the piling to the water for his evening grub. As a last alternative, I thought I might be able to bribe a child to 'leap' a dozen times or so for me as I attempted to get the shot....alas, there were only three children on the beach - two spoke German while they built their sand castle and one was busy flying a kite, thus my human subjects were limited to their own preoccupations.

So, this gull, who took the 'leap of faith' when he grabbed this delicious looking morsel, is my twist on this calendar phenomenon called "Leap Day" and occurs only once every 4 years. Fortunately, the sidelight played nicely in the reflection, transparency and a bit of foam bokeh. Sadly, for the gull, the banana peel turned out to be a major disappointment...but at least it didn't have to 'leap' far to find a decent supper. :) Maybe next Leap Day will bring a better 'leap' depiction. 5th Ave N & Gulf of Mexico, Naples, FL

1 comment:

  1. It does make for a good photo - glad you leaped at the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete