Wednesday, January 7, 2009

JAN072009


JAN072009, originally uploaded by colemama.

Walking back to my car in the school parking lot, I was admiring the pines as they swayed lightly in the breezes of the arriving front. The clouds were building behind the silhouette of these 'starburst' needles, so I stopped to take a photo. As I was focusing the lens, the unusual 'forked' branch caught my eye. I took a close up of the 'fork', but it lost all interest when seen alone. It truly benefits from the surroundings of the other branches and is set off by the sepia tones -- which reminds me of our interdependency of others and our environment, as well as the interplay between unique diversity and community. Lorenzo Walker campus, Naples, FL

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the needle pines against the background colour of this photo. I keep coming back to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grace! It is sort of 'surreal' but comforting photo to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo - I intend to try to capture some silhouetted trees, but I also love your writing and commentary - bringing the photo into other aspects of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic photo! The colour of the sky is beautiful and shape of the tree is really interesting. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. susanvg - I look forward to seeing your photos - I found my picture a day gives me an opportunity for some journaling - some days its more pedestrian than profound!

    Ali Hall - thanks for the feedback! I was really drawn to the photo by its shape and texture - interestingly, it is something I pass by everyday, but that day it just 'called' for a photo!

    ReplyDelete